Another update showing the darker looking umbel head with some almost blue-black flowers dotted amongst two shades of lilac ones. I was going to use some reddish purple ones which I thought would go with the purpleish stitching but they turned out to look too reddish and not the right tone at all! I added in a few see-through green flowers too to add a bit more shading. I have finished putting all the white flowery sequins on the other umbel heads but the large one looks too straight across which makes it look a bit odd – even though I know some umbels do look like that. I am not sure whether to leave it or to try to make it look more rounded on top or horror of horrors to unpick some of the sequins I have already put on. I don’t want to do this because I didn’t secure them all individually so wherever I cut the thread it’s going to be tricky to pick up where I left off but if the piece demands it then ho hum. The next step after that is to add in some leaves which I was thinking of making from painted/space dyed silk. I might add a bit of netting on top too. Will see how it turns out. I can’t wait to have this piece stretched. Every time I look at it I see how badly it needs doing and it’s driving me mad!
Green Umbel With Darker Shade